Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2011

Crock Pot Sesame Seed Country Ribs

I got this recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I made it on Mothers Day and everyone loved it.
A little tip I picked up, when cooking your country ribs in the crock pot put them in first without the sauce. Cook for about an hour and then drain all the liquid that the pork releases. Your end result is that your sauce won't be watered down from the pork juices. I really wanted to take these and put them on the barbecue to crisp them up but I cooked them too long in the slow cooker so they were falling apart. After I took them out of the crock pot I took the sauce and put it in a pan and reduced it to about half, and then poured it over the ribs.

5 lbs country ribs
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs rice wine vinegar
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tbs chopped garlic
1 tbs sesame seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper
1 large onion sliced
Mix all liquid and spice ingredients together in a bowl.
After cooking ribs "naked" for an hour, put sliced onion in the bottom of the cooker. Place half the ribs on top of onion and pour half the sauce on the ribs. Continue with the other half and the rest of the sauce. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. I guess crock pot temperatures differ because the one I have cooks much faster than my last one. If you're not familiar with your crock pot keep checking to make sure the ribs are tender but not falling off the bone. Once they are done, either crisp them up on the barbecue or under the broiler. Use the sauce to baste. Sprinkle ribs with a few sesame seeds when all done. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment