Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Creamy Spinach Pasta Sauce (Comfort food at its BEST!)



I found this recipe back in 2007 and we've been seriously loving it!
Especially in fall/Winter (but don't limit it to those times) we make this a few times a month.
We make this over "John's Ravioli's" best I've ever had! But you can make it over any pasta that holds  all this creamy goodness, maybe a Cavatappi? 

2-4 servings 
20 mins, 5 mins prep

1/4 Cup margarine or butter
1(10 ounce) package of Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 tsp of salt ( I rarely use any actually, so if you prefer just sprinkle some)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper (I never measure, I love pepper so I just grind away)
1Cup Ricotta cheese ( I use part skim and again, I don't really measure, the more the creamier... Mmm)
1/4 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg ( we love nutmeg, so again we don't measure, just sprinkle to taste) Make it yours!
(Variations- you can use a 1/4 C of Parmesan cheese if you like that kind of taste, I don't  use it.


1. Cook first 4 ingredients for 10 minutes over medium high heat.
2. (Variation: you can add some minces garlic and/or cayenne pepper to this mixture)
3. Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining ingredients.
4. Heat but do not boil.
5. Serve on cooked pasta go your choice.

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment