Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Armanian Rice

I swear I got this recipe from the ADT installation guy. We got to talking about food - I must have been pregnant at the time ;) - and before I know it - he is on his cell phone with his mother and jotting down this recipe for me. Random ? Or divinity? You be the judge - and let me know how it is !!!!!

1 c long grain rice
2 1/4 c Chicken broth - heated
2 c orzo (or fine egg noodles, thin spagetti, or goodman noodles)
salt and pepper
1/2 stick butter
2-4 Bouillon cubes
Wash and drain rice. Melt butter in large sauce pan, add orzo stirring till browned.   Add rice and coat with butter. Add broth, bouillon, s + p stirring to just about boiled. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes (until rice is cooked and water is absorbed)

No comments:

Post a Comment