Search This Blog

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fish Livornese

I'm on a total fish kick lately. I think I may have posted enough fish recipes to get you through Lent Fridays if that's your thing. This one is super easy. I threw it together for the boys just before the babysitter showed up for my night out. It all stuff that you'll have on hand (except maybe the fish although I always have a hunk of fish somewhere) so its brainless. While on the topic of being brainless, I had no clue that this was in no way original thought and was informed by a foodie friend of mine that this tomato, olive, garlic and oregano combination is Livornese style. I will have to look up what the heck Livornese is but I'll assume its an Italian region of some sort. I originally put up a dilly of a title and renamed it to give credit where credit is due...so to the Livornese: no disrespect peeps, I had no idea I was passing off your goodness as my own.


1lb fleshy white fish like Haddock, cod, scrod, monkfish -you get the picture
1/3 can diced Tomatoes drained
8-10 pitted Olives sliced
1 clove Garlic sliced
1/4 TSP dried Oregano (or 1/2 TSP fresh Oregano)
1/4 TSP dried Thyme (or 1/2 TSP fresh Thyme)
Salt and Pepper
Olive Oil

Heat oven to 425*
Season both sides of Fish with Salt and Pepper
Tear a piece of foil about twice the size of your fillet of Fish
Drizzle some Olive Oil on the matte side of the foil and place the seasoned Fish on it
Cover the Fish with drained Tomatoes
Toss the sliced Garlic and Olives over the fish
Sprinkle the Oregano and Thyme over everything
Add some more Salt and Pepper if you so desire
Pull the foil up and over the fish crimping the edges together so you make a nice packet with plenty of space in there.
Place in oven for 10-12 minutes
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before opening packet and serving.

yum.




No comments:

Post a Comment