Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Buttermilk Brine Pork Chops

The following recipe sounds weird but the buttermilk works on the pork chops to make them absolutely mouth watering and soooooo tender. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and a salad and you are set.
Buttermilk Brine Pork Chops

Ingredients

  • 2 cups buttermilk
  • 1 tablespoons kosher salt
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 t. dried.
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage or 1/2 t. dried.
  • 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • Cooking spray

Preparation

Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag or a shallow baking dish. Shake or stir well to dissolve salt and sugar. Add pork; seal or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally. Remove pork from bag; discard brine. Pat pork dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle pork with pepper.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pork on a broiler pan. Cook pork for 3 1/2 minutes per side or until done

2 comments:

  1. MMM Thanks Marlena - I needed a new pork chop solution! This one sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlena, if you were in front of me I would kiss you! I made these tonight for dinner and they were absolutely delicious!! I was a bit skeptical when I took them out of the oven because they were very "white". I tried putting them under the broiler for a minute but I didn't want them to dry out. Well, aside from not being "pretty" they were delicious!! Even my husband loved them and he is usually afraid of my pork chops. Thanks for a recipe I will use again and again. BTW, I cooked them for 20 minutes, turning them after 10.

    ReplyDelete