Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicken Asparagus Pasta


I'm not the biggest pasta fan. To me, pasta is a waste of calories. I'd really rather eat the sauce. Solo. I feel the same about rice. Hubs loves pasta, so do the boys, so I make it, but you had better believe it is whole wheat because if I'm going to eat it, its going to be useful to my body. Enough preaching, onto this pretty healthy pasta recipe:


4 servings of Whole Wheat Pasta

1/2lb Chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces

1 14.5 can of Diced Tomatoes

1 bunch Asparagus (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces)

1/4 cup marinated Olives (pitted)

1 small Yellow Onion diced

2 cloves Garlic sliced

1/8 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flake

1/2 TSP Oregano

1/2 TSP Thyme

Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Salt and Pepper


Make pasta according to package instructions and while at that....


Season Chicken with Salt, Pepper, Half the Oregano and Half the Thyme.

In a large skillet, Heat 3TBS Oil over Medium heat.

Add seasoned Chicken to Pan.

Lightly brown chicken on one side and toss.

Add Red Pepper Flake, Onion, Garlic, the rest of the Oregano and Thyme and Olives and let cook for 1-2 minutes.

Toss that mixture.

Add Tomatoes and toss.

Cook for 1 minute.

Add Asparagus and toss.

Cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally.

Serve over cooked pasta with grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment