Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Curry In A Hurrry-A Rachael Ray Recipe

***See Disclaimer at the end***

Curry In A Hurry-30 minute Meals by Rachael Ray

4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunky pieces, dust with flour
1 onion cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 piece fresh ginger root, 2 inch piece @
3 cloves, garlic, minced
1 can chicken broth, 15oz
3 tablespoons curry paste, we use mild, use what you like
Handful golden raisins
3 tablespoons mango chutney @
2 tablespoons sesame oil
salt to taste


Brown chicken in sesame oil, remove from pan, set aside
Saute onion, gingerroot & garlic until onion is tender
Add chicken broth and scrape off the brown bits from the pan
Add curry & raisins
Return chicken to pan
Heat to a boil, reduce heat & add chutney
Simmer 5-10 minutes

Serve over jasmine rice & spinach as a side
Pita also goes well with this


@mango chutney is easily found in every grocery store I have been in, it is in the aisle with condiments
@I buy ginger root in the produce section, its kinda gnarly & cute at the same time, bring it home & cut it into inch chunks then freeze it in a ziplock. When I need it I take it out of the freezer then I peel it & grate it, it keeps longer!!


***I know a lot of people cant stand her. She got me through the days of round the clock caring for preemie twins. She really inspired me to try new ideas & different foods that I never would have tried before. She also has a lot of great helpful hints. She makes everything streamlined & do-able! Most of her recipes taste fancy but they are made with stuff you normally have anyway, which is awesome!. Let me know what you think if you try this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment