Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Aunt Jo's Potato Salad

Again, as in all the food I make, I don't have measurements so I will just guess. I got this recipe from my Aunt Jo who I lived with when I was younger. Most of my cooking I learned from her but watching. Everytime I make this potato salad people go nuts. I love it but I guess I am used to it. At a party this summer, one of our cousins said if you don't bring the potato salad you can't come. Hope you all enjoy it as much as my family does.

5 lbs potato (I like to use a white potato or red, don't use yukon gold because they are too sweet)
8-10 hard boiled eggs
1 medium onion (red is fine) diced small
Hellmans mayo (enough to coat the potatoes)plus a little extra because the potatoes absorb it.

Boil potatoes with skin on. Let cool and peel.
Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes
boil eggs, cool peel (cut into eights)

put everything in a large bowl ,potato, onion, and eggs
mix in the mayo and add salt and black pepper
chill and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment