Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chicken Marsala


1 pd boneless chicken breasts
about 4 Tbs flour
olive oil
butter
s & p
1/2 c sliced mushrooms (I've done fresh or canned)
a little over 1/4 cup each Marsala and Sherry cooking wine (I use Holland House brand the most - I got a different brand once and it sucked, so I just stick with Holland)
1/2 c chicken broth
about 1/2 tsp dried basil
about 1/4 of a large onion diced
2 cloves garlic

Directions

Pound chicken flat (I HATE doing this, but it really does make it SO much more tender that Don know the difference if I don't do it and just filet it)

In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 tsp salt, and pepper to you liking. Add chicken and toss to coat.

Heat about 1 Tbs oil and 1 Tbs butter over medium high heat. Saute chicken on each side until done. Remove from pan.

Add a bit more oil, mushroom, garlic and onions. Saute until onions look done. Stir in wine, chicken broth and basil. Return chicken to skillet and simmer for a few minutes.

I hope you enjoy!!!!

1 comment: