Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Zucchini Bread

This recipe makes two loaves... I've halved the recipe to only
make one and it comes out good too...
My kids don't eat zucchini but they beg for this bread!

3 cups shredded zucchini (2 - 3 zucchini)
1  2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup vegetable (or canola) oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs
3 cups flour (I use whole wheat - but all purpose is good too)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking powder
The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup chopped nuts, and 1/2 cup
raisins.. I don't do either of those... sometimes I add chocolate
chips)

1.    heat oven to 350 degrees, grease 2 loaf pans with shortening or pam.
2.    mix zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.  Stir
in remaining ingredients.   Divide batter evenly between two pans.
3.    Bake about 60 minutes... when toothpick comes out clean.   Cool
10 minutes in pan then invert onto wire rack and cool.

2 comments:

  1. does it come out sweet?? i may try this one cause my kids love breads and need to get some veggies somewhere!!! thanks jaime =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this now sorry! It's not really sweet but you can't taste the zucchini at all. My kids won't touch zucchini-or most veggies either :( but 3 out of 4 of them love to snack on this! It has a nice spice type flavor to it, similar to pumpkin bread I think...it's probably because of the cloves & the cinnamon. Hope ya like it :D

    ReplyDelete