Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins


My kids love these! I always double the recipe if I have enough brown bananas and freeze the extras. Just take them out of the freezer and microwave for a few seconds.

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I never have plain yogurt in the house, so I use vanilla yogurt, sour cream or milk - all come out good)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (don't worry if you don't have a full cup, just add a little more milk to thin out the batter a bit)
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
(originally from allrecipes.com)

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I have a few bananas that are very ripe & no one will eat them if they have even a couple of spots on them...so I'll be making these either later or tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a picture! If you send it to me i can add it to recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure if you're talking to me but I'll take a pic when I make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are in the oven!!! I had torun to the market anyway - so i grabbed the choc chips and couldnt wait to make them!!! Take a pic - we'll compare ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to buy extra bananas to make these as mine never get to spotty around here! Look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are SO good. I used about three bananas and the Boy did the mashing so there were some big lumps, but it worked out perfectly to have these big lumps of banana. I also swapped chocolate chips for blueberries as I always have a big bag in the freezer. My muffins always come out dense and chewy, not these! Light and crumbly with just the right amount of stickiness so the crumbles are big..SO GOOD! Thanks Tracy!

    ReplyDelete