Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just a Sandwich


I just discovered that I gained 5lbs on top of the 10 I already want to lose thanks to my recent vacation. I love sandwiches, quick, simple lunch so I can get in and out to do what I have to do in a day (kids). I also happen to be a cheese whore and realized that I could easily cut a good amount of calories in my day by losing the cheese in my sandwich so I came up with the below...maybe you all do this already and I'm bringing nothing to the table but this is my first post and I have time to keep it simple.


2 slices of panella lightly toasted

3 slices of store roasted turkey breast

1 schmear mayonnaise

marinated eggplant

roasted peppers


I think its pretty easy to make a sandwich, just schmear one slice of bread, pile the turkey on that slice and then the marinated stuff to your heart's content (I do just enough to cover). The thing is to know where to get everything. Go to the bakery and have them slice a loaf bread for you rather than buying the crap in a plastic bag on the shelf. At the deli ,the antipasti bar is where you get the marinated bits and bobs and just ask for the store baked turkey at the counter. Boar's Head ain't always the Bee Knees. Sandwich. I suppose you could cut out more fat by making the schmear a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil....have at it!

2 comments:

  1. Nice addition!!! I am starving!!! This looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sandwiches too!! Especially a nice fat italian hero. But I have to disagree with you, I think Boars Head anything is the absolute best cold cut.

    ReplyDelete