Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Perfectly Simple Peanut Butter (and Jelly) Cookies


  • Preheat oven to 350

  • 2 cups peanut butter
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

In a large mixing bowl mix peanut butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda. Drop rounded balls onto greased cookie sheet. depress the balls with a fork making a waffle pattern. Bake for 8-10 minutes. This will make 3 dozen. For an extra treat drop 1/2 tsp of grape jam on top of cookies before baking!

3 comments:

  1. I am so going to make these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE peanut butter. I LOVE these cookies. I'm going to end up with a stomach ache by the end of the day. I did half with a dollop of preserves and half with a dollop of Nutella. The Nutella does not melt but peanut butter and chocolate are a combination that would be my last meal so I forgive its staying power and eat in cirlces until I get to that perfect center.....MMMMMMM I LOVE THESE COOKIES! Thanks Rachel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yip. peanut butter is the perfect food. ;)

    ReplyDelete